This delicious dessert makes a great treat if you are craving something cold on a hot summer day! This recipe is filled with potassium, a little protein from the peanut butter, and flavonoids from the dark chocolate! Dark chocolate is naturally packed with flavonoids / antioxidants that can reduce the free-radical damage within our bodies! Raise your hand if you needed another reason to indulge with chocolate 🙂
Of course, dark chocolate should be consumed in moderation, as goes with anything!
Review / Recipe Inspired by YouTube video: “Tasty” Recipe Video
- 2 Bananas (peel removed)
- 1 Tbsp. Natural Peanut Butter (look for the only ingredient to be peanuts!)
- 1 Tbsp. Dark Chocolate Chips
- Freeze 2 peeled bananas in a plastic bag. Wait until the bananas are fully frozen to proceed to the next step.
- Place the frozen bananas into a food processor, or a blender.
- Pulse until bananas appear creamy and homogenized.
*Hint* If the bananas break apart into small chunks instead of becoming creamy, scoop the banana blend into a bowl, and mush together a bit by hand using a plastic spatula. Place back inside of the food processor or blender and try again it should blend better this time.
(If you freeze the bananas for too long, you may encounter this; that’s what I did!)
- Once mixture is smooth, use a plastic spatula to scoop the bananas into a small bowl with a lid (this will be your “ice-cream” container!)
- Add the peanut butter to the bowl, and swirl it around with either the spatula tip, or a knife; trying to spread the peanut butter around most of the bowl.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top of the bowl.
- Place in the freezer again so that the mixture hardens back up. Once it is re-frozen, ENJOY!!!
Nutrition Facts per serving: (Realistically for me, yields about 2 servings)
Total Fat: 8 grams
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Sodium: 4 mg
Potassium: 358 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 30g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 17 g
Protein: 3 g
Vitamin A: 6% DV
Vitamin C: 14% DV
Calcium: 1% DV
Iron: 1% DV